Saturday, June 26, 2010

Change of Plans

It's Saturday...almost a week since I started eating nothing but natural foods. Yesterday, I decided that I'm not able to handle another week without something more. So starting Monday, both and Rachel and I will start the 3 day lemonade detox.

I was looking over the different blueprints the founder of the FLF (Fat Loss Factor) program had put together, and I chose one of them to suit the path I've decided to take.

Consecutively, this is how it's supposed to go.

1 week of natural foods

3 days of lemonade detox (drinking nothing but a lemonade mixture 6 - 8 times a day, along with a salt water flush in the morning and herbal tea throughout the day...but no food)

After that, 12 weeks of learning the lifestyle un-diet, which consists of regular food found in most grocery stores, and eating smaller portions. We'll be cooking like we always did, just better food choices, like throwing in veggies into a stir-fry or pureeing them and using them in baked goods.

Exercise consists of 3 days of weight training a week, along with 2 days of 20 min cardio. Rachel and I both have dumbbells and exercise balls to use. I also have a resistance band and the EA Sports Active game on our Wii. For the cardio, I plan on using Mama's walk at home DVDs. Because it's June, I'm not able to handle the heat, so those DVDs will come in very nicely.

Amongst all this, I'm to draw special attention to how I'm breathing during exercise, and proper stretching. The FLF founder recommends yoga or pilates, and with the shape my entire right leg is in, I don't think I'm able to handle those just yet. But I do have an eBook with 10 different yoga moves for the beginner that I plan to use. On top of that, a proper sleep pattern needs to be developed. Well, the good thing is, it's already there.

The first night of the 1 week natural foods, I fell asleep at 11:00 pm and didn't wake up again til 7:00 am...and I wasn't groggy like usual! Every night since then, I've been sleeping great. It used to take me forever to get to sleep, and I'd usually wake up once or twice throughout the night. So that part's completed, which is nice.

Every Monday, Rachel and I will be taking our measurements and weighing ourselves to track the progress. Last Thursday, I came home early from work because I felt sooooooo dehydrated and sick that I couldn't stand to be awake much longer. I REEEEAAALLLY wanted a burger and fries and to not feel so hungry anymore. But I came home, drank some water, took a nap, ate some fruit and nuts, and I felt much better. I decided to soak in the tub with my new moonlight path bubble bath to relax myself. Well, I noticed the scale on the bathroom floor staring at me, so I caved and weighed myself just to see if my body was responding. Guess what...I dropped 3 pounds in 4 days. Sweet! That's just what I needed to brighten my spirits and remind myself that this is soooo good for my body.

Now I'm kinda addicted to that scale, which is bad, but I weighed myself again this morning and in 6 days, I've lost a total of 7 pounds. You read correctly, I said 7 pounds =D

I can't WAIT to see what the scale says on Monday, but I'm trying to prepare myself for a smaller number since weight fluctuates so much. But I needed the encouragement of knowing that my body's liking this method. According to the FLF founder, the weight that's coming off is from my liver. I'm cleaning out this fatty liver of mine, and it's working the way it's supposed to now, which is processing fat and toxins. And the 3 day lemonade detox concentrates on the cleansing of the intestines. So by the time we're ready to start eating real food again, our insides will be in proper working order, which is the way it should be at all times.

We won't be taking pictures again until the end of the 12 weeks. So you'll have to wait until then to see how we're doing ;)

It's the end of day 6, I'm still alive, to God be the glory.

No comments:

Post a Comment